Monday, October 22, 2012

The View from Here....


A Photo a Day:  Week 42 (To market, to market.......)

We visited the Sunday market in Divonne, France and had so much fun experiencing the sights, sounds, smells...... and tastes of all it had to offer..... truly a chef's delight!  There were also booths filled with amazing hand-knit sweaters and housewares.  My favorite was a gentleman selling vintage brass door knockers (yes, it seems to have become a thing even though I have no place for a doorknocker on my home...... I might break down and hang one inside on my powder room door for a little quirk); hooks, dishes and figurines.  Unfortunately,  I spent all of my euros on treats and the aforementioned sweater so I have a good excuse to go back.  :)
 It has also inspired me to spend much more time at my local farmer's market when I return to the States!

Do you shop your local Farmer's market?


7 comments:

  1. Honey lollipop sounds so good!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find me a local farmer's market like that one, and I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sight that market is! Every home needs a little quirk, it would be perfect in your powder room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in D.C. we're lucky enough to have Eastern Market, which includes a farmer's market - it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if my farmer's market looked like that I would shop there daily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I want a door knocker too and have no place to put it! It all started with those fancy door knockers in Venice. I think a powder room door knocker would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nancy meyersOctober 23, 2012

    Wait till you see the Christmas markets. LOVE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!