Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beauty: Shellac Nail Polish


House of Marlowe
I remember a few weeks after I had my first baby... calling my husband at work and asking if he would please stop by on his lunch break and pick me up a new bottle of Tiffany perfume.....may sound silly, but I just needed something to make me feel feminine and like my "old" self again.

..... fast forward 12 years to the day of our move; when after neglecting myself for weeks..... I decided to dedicate an hour to one last American pedicure..... same objective in mind.  Now, I love a pedicure but I'm not a manicure girl..... generally I think it's a big waste of money for me because of my heavy hand washing, kid's stuff lifestyle and the inevitable chip less than 24 hours of having them done.  But .....while the gal was polishing my toes she mentioned that I might want to try out my go-to color, OPI Bubble Bath, in the new shellac finish on my nails.  Boy am I happy I did!  I might be the last to know..... but this stuff in this color is amazing!  I'm a week in and not a single chip after traveling, unpacking, cleaning, moving furniture.... etc!

Oh, I hope the Swiss have this stuff.  I may be an official manicure convert now.  


5 comments:

  1. I am with you on not wanting to get manicures due to the instant chipping. I just had one for a wedding and used bubble bath. I wonder how the shellac compares in price to a regular manicure?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My manicure and pedicure were $45 total..... a good deal I thought!

      Delete
  2. I love the shellac because of it's extended wear time. Unfortunately it's tough to get off! If you don't remove it properly or peel off, your nails will suffer.

    Glad you got to treat yourself Crissy :)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crissy, as a former nail tip junkie I love this! I will have to try this, thank you so much for sharing, are you getting settled in yet ok I hope?

    Hugs, Tanya :)
    http://twelveoeight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it is very strong. Christian Dior has a great nail polish that isn't harmful for your nails and it is very strong. Stays on twice as long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!