Thursday, October 06, 2011

Inspiration: Jacqueline Kennedy

I just ordered this book:


because I missed the ABC News special last month that broadcast these conversations taped a mere 4 months after the assassination of her husband and recently released by her daughter, Caroline Kennedy.

I, like millions of other folks around the world, have long admired Mrs. Kennedy as the First Lady, a style icon and respected editor.  But I find myself recently most inspired by her role as a mother.





"If you bungle raising your children; I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much"
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

What an encouragement to us "stay-at-home" moms who may sometimes feel like our accomplishments don't always add up in the eyes of the world.  Here, a woman who had a strong pedigree and the power and influence to do anything she wanted treasured being a mother above all else.  Love that!



images via:  life.com & house of marlowe pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Love that too! I still have the tv special DVRed if you want to watch it. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!