Friday, October 07, 2011

Celebrating...

16 years of wedded bliss :) to this guy today..... an amazing husband, father and friend.


So, this was the year that I was going to honor this post and "bring back" the traditional anniversary gift as outlined by Emily Post in, oh, 1922?  Unfortunately, much to my chagrin, after year 15 it starts skipping to every 5 years!  Bummer.  So, I was left to go it alone in search of the perfect anniversary gift.  Here is what I came up with......


While I'm sure he would love this poster, I thought it could greatly affect our efficiency getting stuff done around the house and prove a little troublesome with 3 growing girls. :)


I love this too and think it could have worked, maybe uh 10 or so years ago.  I do still think he's fly though!



This sculpture is from one of my favorite companies: Sugarboo Designs.  I'm always looking for meaningful things to put on bookshelves and that can be passed down to our girls one day.  It says "happily every after" in French.


Another Sugarboo.  There's too much I like on this site!  



I think Restoration Hardware must have started this trend with subway signs, etc.  I love how this one can be personalized including the names and origin of parents and grandparents.... this would be another great item to get passed down to one of the girls

I love a man in a suit and shirt with cufflinks and think these would be charming 



well, just because I thought this pillow was cool


because our love has stood the test of "time" and I think a watch like this is sexy


this customizable (on both sides) guitar pick is so romantic if only he played the guitar....

......all that and I thought about carving our initials in the tree in the front yard (I probably will still do that).  I'll let you know what I ended up with next week; I don't want to ruin the surprise when my husband sees this post in his inbox.

What about you?  What's the most sentimental or romantic anniversary gift you've ever given or received?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people and an inspirational couple! We are blessed to know you. Can it really be 16 years? I'm loving that personalized subway sign and I'm hoping you decided on the heart sculpture. Perfectly you! Celebrate in style. Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband just called and was chuckling saying..... "I'm wondering what I'm getting.... I think all of those gifts were really for you".....ooops! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!