Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Fashion: Scarves

This is what my closet looks like lately




I've developed a little problem with scarves; linen ones, wool ones, long ones, short ones, silk ones, infinity ones..... you get the picture.  The fact of the matter is that while I love following fashion, it is not practical for this stay-at-home mother of 3 young girls to get all decked out each day to exercise, clean house, grocery shop, run carpool etc.  9 times out of 10, you can find me in a pair of jeans with a tee or sweater and a pair of boots.  That said, however, I do like to feel good about the way I present myself and a scarf is an easy way to "take it up a notch".  I mean, the Europeans have known this for decades!..... why am I so late to catch on? 

Here are a few of my current favorites:

Target
Paired with a navy crewneck sweater, jeans and wellies

J.Crew

Paired with a white tee, blazer, black pencil slacks and ballet flats

Piperlime

Paired with a long black cardigan, leggings and black or camel riding boots


I also love that a scarf works well at any age, at any price point, and can even be personalized further by the way in which it is tied.  Here's a handy little chart I found:  


or you can watch a video with some more ideas here.

In the meantime, perhaps I should go buy some more hooks!  :)


What do you think?  Take it or leave it with scarves?



images via house of marlowe pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Definitely take it. Love all your picks and the chart is so helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!