Tuesday, November 11, 2014

LOL


I love it when my guy returns home from the States with a big stack of books and magazines for me to dive into; which happened this past Friday….

Based on the recommendation of a couple of friends; I've been anxious to read "Cold Tangerines" by the inspiring Shauna Niequist.   Here's what she writes on the back cover "I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud.  And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes.  I want to eat cold tangerines and sing loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now.  I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift."

Oh, how this resonates with me!  Here is how mine would read…

I want a life that sparkles and fizzes like champagne and makes me laugh out loud.  And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of folded laundry and Pinterest pins and nice outfits and clean floors.  I want to eat pimento cheese and take long walks and go barefoot and stay up all night laughing with fine lines on my face taking residence where all those smiles have been.  I want to paint my walls the exact color of the Mediterranean right now and take naps on clean white sheets and hear the sound of my family and friends' voices in my home.  I want to eat dinner by candlelight and listen to music that makes me dance or cry with joy and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift… even of an ordinary day. 

Yours?

3 comments:

  1. You're doing it! So inspiring! And so thankful to be a small part of the smiles and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Crissy....I die. Holding back tears right this very moment. Thanks for starting off my day so perfectly and making me want everything I do to be intentional and meaningful. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that was great!! Ditto for me! ;) And beautiful picture too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!