Monday, February 03, 2014

Map it Out...

With the crazy Winter weather that has been plaguing parts of the world; I think a lot of folks have developed a case of wanderlust; myself included.  It's fun to look at a map or twirl a globe around and dream of the possibilities....

I love maps as artwork in a home.  Like books, they can hint at a homeowner's heritage and passions.  One of my favorite "going away" gifts when we moved is a vintage framed print of Switzerland that some girlfriends gave me.  I fully expect it will one day make its way into one of my girls' homes as a precious memento of our time spent here.  Since then, I've also added this fabric rendition (with hearts embroidered in Kentucky & Geneva).   But, now, I'm longing to add another map on a slightly grander scale.  Something along these lines would be nice...





LOVE!

Thomas O'Brien can do no wrong!



1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8

 Ofcourse, the sentimentalist (and navy lover) in me has my eye on this one that you can place pins in to show the places you've been and where you want to go .... 


 I wouldn't happen to mind if my first pin came from here....


Dreaming of a getaway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!