Monday, January 20, 2014

Inspiration in the kitchen...

You know that aged old advice.... "Don't go to the grocery store on an empty stomach"?  Well, I have an addendum to the rule.... "Don't go on Pinterest either!"  I swear all those perfectly styled food pics and yummy looking dishes get my mouth watering every time.

If you follow me on Instagram, you know I got lured into making these delicious little vanilla bean pound cake loaves....


Truth be told, I might have just been looking for an excuse to don this little number...


no, not a little black dress or pretty lingerie (sorry, honey!)... but a new apron. (Yes, I get delight in the simplest of pleasures).  I'm a die-hard apron wearer (I know.....living life on the edge) and this might just be the one that inspires me to spend a lot more time whipping up sugary confections in the kitchen.  ...I'm pretty sure my guy will be ok with that! :)

Anything inspiring you in the kitchen these days?



1 comment:

  1. Debbie PorterJanuary 21, 2014

    I have major apron/food envy right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!