Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Giving Thanks......

While we won't be celebrating Thanksgiving in a traditional gathering with extended family this year; it hasn't stopped me from spending a few minutes dreaming about a lovely tablescape....


party favor, Crate & Barrel flatware, flower image from The Knot, pedestal table, monogrammed napkins, Kate Spade "Library Lane" place setting, place card holders, vase, candlesticks, chair

..... quite a departure from last year in vibe..... but not in attitude.....

We'll be joining new friends and fellow American expats at potluck dinners this weekend......
I have no idea what the table will look like and it really doesn't matter; because.....

good food + good company = good times

..... paper plates or The Plaza
..... and, for that, I am thankful!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I can dream my table will look like this someday! I'm immeasurably thankful for the friends and family that surround it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here! It's strange, but special celebrating American holidays while living abroad. Sounds like y'all are doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the monogrammed napkins are beautiful!

    http://threadtheneedleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and your family the happiest day! My friend lived in Australia and did the same thing, she had me mail her items they didn't have - canned pumpkin for one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choices for the Holiday table! The gift sweets; what a treat!

    Happy Thanksgiving Crissy!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Giveaway from Scalamandré!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gold flatware! I need a set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy it - that sounds fun!

    And I, too am in love with the gold silverware. Been eyeing it forever it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you know I have a weakness for blue and white! Pure goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, i know I've had a sneek peak at the Porter's table and it looks great! :) and it's going to be crowded! and you should see the SIZE of the trukey! you shan't be disapointed, I'm sure! :)

    coline

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!