Friday, September 28, 2012

Swiss Home Tour: Master Bedroom

..... so, we've been in our Swiss home two months now and I thought it was time I show you around a bit..... why start off with the master bedroom?..... well, because it happened to be the one most organized at the moment.

Lots of Ikea thrown in with our previous furniture to make up for lack of closets and storage space.  My favorite features of this home are the wooden ceiling beams, concrete walls and stone accents giving it true old world European charm.  In fact, the home was built in 1678!




It's hard to tell what is original to the home and what has been added thru renovations but the overall effect of the floor tones, wood beams and wall color creates such a nice warm glow that I hardly ever want to leave..... and from what I hear this might be a good thing given the long, gray winters here! 

Happy weekend!



12 comments:

  1. Your room is beautiful! I love every little inch. Ceilings are beautiful. It seems so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks so cozy. Of course, it would be stylish, it's your room! I spy some stripes hanging on your clothes rack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. magazine worthy! Love the wardrobe...and those beams and casement windows, wow. The perfect respite between your European adventures. Where did you find that slipped desk chair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not.... it's Ikea from 9 years ago! I've hauled it around with me from my small business, to my home and now here....

      Delete
    2. love it....would have never guessed ikea, looks custom!

      Delete
  4. Looking good, Crissy!! :) I hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks wonderful...you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those beams are to die for, what a beautiful space you've created Crissy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply beautiful. matchbook needs to photograph your room.
    the ceiling is magnificent. cozy yet clean.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Crissy -
    What a wonderful, warm and charming home! I'd love to know how you ended up in Switzerland. It's such a beautiful and clean country. The air is so fresh and pristine. Years ago, I visited Chur.....really loved it.
    Cheers from DC,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful and warm feeling, i love your desk too

    Taru from World Tour Stories - two lovers sailing around the world

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!