Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Good Life.....


The Swing

How do you like to go up in a swing, 
Up in the air so blue? 
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing 
Ever a child can do! 

Up in the air and over the wall, 
Till I can see so wide, 
River and trees and cattle and all 
Over the countryside-- 

Till I look down on the garden green, 
Down on the roof so brown-- 
Up in the air I go flying again, 
Up in the air and down! 
Robert Louis Stevenson
My daughter, Ashtyn, captured this moment last week when her great-uncle decided to take a whirl on her tree swing and it is now one of my most beloved photos.  Why is it, that as adults, we so often dismiss those simple things that can bring so much joy?
Is there some "childish" activity that you still engage in that brings a smile to your face or delights your soul?

3 comments:

  1. ha, that should be entered into a photography exhibition! The good life indeed. That image and the poem...a wonderful tribute to childhood and summertime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! We all need to play more :) embracing the child with-in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 21, 2012

    This is a magical photo! I agree that it's photo contest worthy. The RL Stephenson poem is also a favorite. Jennifer W.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!