Tuesday, November 08, 2011

It's a date.....

..... in 2012, that is.  I can't believe the year has gone so quickly and I'm already racking up things that need to go on the calendar in the New Year!  By now you know that I'm pretty old fashioned, so it shouldn't surprise you that I still use a paper calendar.  There's just something I like about taking a pencil to paper that helps me remember my "to do" list better than typing it into the calendar on my phone or computer.  More importantly, however, I like to save my calendars from year to year so I can look back on them as a form of "mini-journal" of what was happening in my life.  Here's the one I've been using for the last 8 years:

but, alas, I'm saying "good-bye" to Kate this year in favor of these equally stylish and more affordable options from Sarah Pinto.

My favorite is this one:

..... it says "this is my lucky year"; appropriate I think for my big "coming of age year!" :)

Plus, Sarah, the designer, is a mom whose little boy has a heart defect and a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the calendar go to support Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.  Love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!