Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hinkley Lighting

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my previous disdain for overhead lighting and how it was transformed by the discovery of some great fixtures during the renovation process.  In fact, now I tend to think of light fixtures as being the MAIN statement in a room (how easily I become inspired :))  Circa Lighting was by far my favorite when it came chic, timeless fixtures by amazing designers; but Hinkley Lighting won my heart in the styling category.  I literally spent hours pouring over manufacturer catalogs filled page after page with boring images of fixtures and without finding a SINGLE one until I stumbled upon the Hinkley catalog.  It happened like this........ page turning, page turning as usual....


nothing special really, more page turning.....

and then WOW!!! actual rooms with the fixture hung in them......






..... different view entirely, no?  My perspective changed immediately as my eyes were opened to all the lovely possibilities!  I feel like companies are slowly but surely coming to understand why design blogging and Pinterest are so popular...we like to be inspired by beautiful images.  (... and that's why, before I make any big purchase now, I always Google for images of the item).  

I did, in fact, end up ordering this fixture for my home and while I could use a little stylist's help myself, I love it.


If you'd like to check out some more beautiful images from Hinkley, you can find them posted on my Pinterest lighting board here.

1 comment:

  1. The light fixture looks great over your kitchen table! Nice selection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!