Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Food: Quiche Lorraine

I've been spending a fair amount of time in the kitchen recently trying out new recipes; and this past weekend when hosting an old friend from the States for brunch... I jumped on the opportunity to make one of my favorite dishes:  a quiche.  

I love quiches because they are hearty, super easy to make (generally), and good for just about any time of day.  I chose this recipe for its simple ingredient list and use of Gruyere cheese which is produced in, not surprisingly, the town Gruyere about an hour away from us in Switzerland.  I purchased a store bought crust which basically meant all I had to do was fry the lardons (i.e. chunks of bacon) and do a little whisking.  I also made Emeril's simple salad vinaigrette listed in the margin of the recipe for an easy salad accompaniment and  "Yaaaaaa'll"....... (as my sweet Texan friend would say).... it was so good. 


I took the above photo the following day when I enjoyed leftovers for a late breakfast....
and I'm already thinking about when I'm going to make it again.


1 comment:

  1. Yum! One of my favs. Will be looking for an easy recipe to make over spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!