Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Trunk Show....

I have a great memory of strolling thru the Paris Flea/Antiques market last Spring with a friend and stumbling upon a shop selling vintage Louis Vuitton trunks.  I was mesmerized; not by the Louis Vuitton logo as much as the initials engraved on them and/or their multi-colored stripes and interesting linings.  It sent my mind wondering as to the personalities, heritage and travels of their previous owners... oh the stories they could tell....

Now, given the fact that I definitely don't employ a porter; boat travel isn't what it used to be;  and there have been huge strides in the travel industry (aka soft sided luggage with wheels);  I will never create memories with a trunk my own.  So.... that leaves me with the next best thing... finding a vintage one to use as furniture in my home...










1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9

... and just letting my imagination have its way.... :)

2 comments:

  1. I think we should go back to that store, so you can have your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, YES! Love these. I'm a huge fan of old trunks and suitcases, especially used like this! I wish my budget was unlimited (or existent, ha!) because I would totally stock up on beauties like these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!