Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Interiors: Chinoiserie

..... so I sort of can't stop thinking about these light fixtures spotted earlier this week on One Kings Lane.  It's been a while since I've been 'wowed' in that department.  Lucky for my bank account; I'm not exactly in the position to be buying household items like this (given that we are living in a rental in Switzerland and all).  But, I've been seriously tempted.... I'd love to style the chandelier one of these two ways in my home in the States.

1/2

And, while I don't usually think of myself as a lover of chinoiserie I do like a small dose here and there in an unexpected color or against a crisp white backdrop like in these spaces....




source

For now, I'll have to rely on my beloved blue & white urns and planters for a touch of chinoiserie chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!