Thursday, December 06, 2012

Inspiration: Life & Love

We lost my dear Aunt Linda yesterday.  I am humbled once again by how fragile and precious this life is.  I will always remember her for her sweet spirit, easy laugh, deep Southern accent, amazing camp stew and cornbread, and the sound of her voice calling me "sugar"..... just like my grandma used to do.  Just a couple of weeks ago, I received an afghan that she made for me (navy :))..... working hard to make one for so many members of the family.... little did I know that it would so soon become something that will forever serve as a beautiful reminder of the warmth that radiated from her soul....

Ashtyn, my mom, Aunt Linda and me - summer 2012

Ironically, I had written a post for today that talked about how I always get choked up when I go to this website.   I know why..... in this season of gift giving, there is simply none that can fill the soul like LOVE.

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute. Love you all! Praying for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Crissy, what a beautiful photo of all of you together. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for each of you during this season of life. What a beautiful picture to treasure. Is your mom there with you now?

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry for your loss. That afghan and the echoes of "Sugar" sure to be comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always so hard to lose a person who brings so much joy into your and your family's life. What a blessing you will always have those cherished memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so sorry. Cuddle up with rhat afghan tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your lost....Aunt Linda seems like she was very special to you....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!