Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Lighting: The Boston Functional Library Wall Lamp

whew!...... what a name, huh?  In my opinion, the easiest way to make a room go from "meh" to fantastic is the lighting choice.  Case in point..... this fixture by designer Sandy Chapman.   Granted it has a rather straightforward design overall but incorporate its slightly exaggerated arm length and various finishes and sizes and it becomes a real focal point in a room.








Now go back and imagine each of these rooms without this fixture
..... a completely different feeling altogether, no?  

What's your opinion on "statement" lighting?
Love it or hate it?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it, your inspiration photos couldn't be more convincing! That last bathroom has been one of my all-time favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the light above the bed, the perfect reading lamp. I actually have recessed lighting throughout my whole house because I didn't want any broken lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly the kind of lighting I'm looking for for the living room. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these wall lights. I think these suit better in bathrooms or in pantries, especially if you want a touch of Tuscany in your home. Its earth tone offers a warm ambiance to the place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!