Monday, November 14, 2011

You Scream, I Scream.....

...... we all scream for ice cream!  Apparently so, because this is the most re-pinned image on my Pinterest boards.


I originally pinned this because it made me chuckle:  I sort of have this endearing annoying habit of telling my guy I don't want any ice cream and then proceeding to ask for a bite of his; and another; and another until he proclaims "I thought you said you didn't want any!" I don't think men understand that somehow if you are eating off someone else's plate, the calories don't seem to count as much. :)

Anyhow..... I spotted these very spoons for sale on my favorite website of all time; Etsy ofcourse; and I thought what a cute gift they would make paired with some scrumptious Sanders Dark Chocolate Bittersweet Hot Fudge Sauce or some of the best ice cream known to man (ok, it's a local company and it really is THAT good); from Graeters...... or if you are feeling extra industrious; you could whip up some homemade hot fudge sauce using this simple recipe:



SANDERS HOT FUDGE TOPPING

14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
14 oz. light Karo syrup
1/2 lb. unsalted butter
12 oz. Nestle's milk chocolate pieces or candy bars (no substitute)

Combine all ingredients in top of double boiler over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cook without stirring, 30 minutes. Put through blender in small amounts on smooth-high speed. Keep refrigerated. Makes 1 quart. Rewarm in microwave or over hot water.


My philosophy on giving gifts is to give things that I have a hard time parting with myself and this would definitely make the cut!


1 comment:

  1. I pull the same thing when my family gets ice cream. I think they're on to me. What a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!